- 150g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp Chaiwalla Spice Mix
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp of the infused milk leftover from the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 190°C conventional or 170°C fan-forced.
- In a saucepan add the Chaiwalla Spice Mix to the milk, bring to the boil, remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well.
- Sift in flour.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of the cool infused milk (leave 1/4 cup for the butter cream) and beat until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases, filling each one until they are about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden or until they spring back when lightly pressed. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool while you prepare the icing.
- Sift in icing sugar.
- Add the chai infused milk until you have a light fluffy consistency.
- Spread or pipe icing over cupcakes.